What shouldn’t be missed for a Khao Sok trip is Cheow Lan Dam or Ratchaprapha Dam or Khao Sok Lake. Completed in 1987 the dam serves as the hydroelectric power generator. As a result, it also creates a beautiful gigantic reservoir with a large number of towering limestone mountains and small and large islands which once were limestone peaks. Moss underneath the deep water enhances the emerald green colour of water in the lake making it looks more like sea water. The topography of the lake is similar to that of Guilin in China, hence the reservoir is given the name "Guilin of Thailand".
A one day Khao Sok package tour can be done to appreciate the majestic landscape. But most tourists love to spend a night or two on a raft house floating on the lake.
Sleeping on the raft house surrounded by peaceful nature will give you an unforgettable experience.
Popular activities for overnight tourists are taking long-tail boat trips to watch the scenery in the early morning and to observe wild animals at night. Swimming, canoeing and fishing are equally interesting. For adventure lovers, you can join a cave expedition. In the nearby area there are a few caves to explore. One is Nam Tha Lu Cave and the other is Pakarang Cave.
07:30 Pick up time (Phuket)
- Hotel transfer
- Arrive at Khao Sok for an exciting elephant trekking (1 hr.) The trek will take you through a tropical rainforest.
- Stop at the scenic viewpoint
- Stop at the Monkey Cave
- Riverside lunch
- Flying fox 200 m
- Depart from long-tail boat pier. Sightseeing
- Check in at raft house
- Lake canoeing, nature watching
- Relax, swim in the fresh water lake
- Night safari by long-tail boat
***(Night safari may be cancelled if it rains.)
07:30 Safari breakfast
- Sightseeing and watching various species of animals by long-tail boat (45 mins)
- Cave expedition, to explore stalagmites and stalactites in the cave
- Lunch at a local restaurant
- Depart from Cheow Lan Lake (Khao Sok Lake)
18:30 Arrive to Phuket
Included in cost
- Transfer by air-conditioned minibus
- Elephant riding
- Lunch, dinner, breakfast, lunch
- English speaking tourist guide
- Night safari and jungle walking
- National park fee: Adult 300 THB/person and Child 200 THB/person
- Swimming suits
- Shorts and light T-shirts
- Beach towels
- Sun cap
- Sun block
- Non-slip Shoes
- Pocket money
Refund in case of tour cancellation
- If the excursion is canceled more than a day before the program, the refund of the paid amount is made in full (this does not apply to overseas tours where the flight, visas and accommodation are paid in advance).
- If the excursions are canceled due to circumstances beyond the buyer's control (canceled by the company conducting the program due to weather conditions, due to non-recruitment of the group and other reasons caused by the organizing company), paid amount will be refunded in full.
- If it is impossible to visit the tour due to illness, in the presence of medical report from the hospital, a full refund of the amount paid to the guest is made, to whom the medical report is issued.
- If the excursion is canceled at the request of customers on the day preceding the day of the excursion before 17.00, a refund is made in the amount of 50% of the paid amount.
- If the tour is cancelled by customers request, after 17:00 of the day preceding the tour, no refund will be made.
- If the excursion is canceled on the day of the excursion, because of the customers illness , without medical report or because of the strong delay of customers to the place of departure for the program or for some other reason, depending on the customers, no refund will be made.
Condition of tour date changing
- Change of the tour date at the request of buyers without additional charges is possible until 17:00 of the day preceding the tour (this does not apply to overseas tours, where the flight, visas and accommodation are paid in advance).
- Change of the tour date at the request of buyers after 17.00 of the day preceding the tour, is made with an additional charge of 50% of the cost of the tour (this does not apply to overseas tours , where the flight, visas and accommodation are paid in advance).
You can pay for the tour in the following ways:
- Cash baht or in dollars / euros. Our employee will bring you a voucher and take your money for the tour.
- Transfer to a bank card.
Book this tour
If you want to visit this excursion, leave a request here. During business hours, our managers will contact you within 15 minutes to clarify the details.