Khao Sok Lake Tour
Khao Sok Lake or Cheow Lan Lake behind the Ratchaprapha Dam is part of Khao Sok National Park in Surat Thani Province. The dam was completed in 1987 with the main objective to generate electricity. Due to its dramatic topography with beautiful mountains and a massive turquoise lake, the dam becomes a major tourist attraction in Southern Thailand. Khao Sok Lake has a countless number of limestone peaks and cliffs as well as grassy and verdant islets in different shapes and sizes amid the vast expanse of pristine emerald water which looks more like an open sea. This splendid landscape is similar to that of Guilin of China so the lake is also called "Guilin of Thailand".
Khao Sok Lake offers plenty of things to do. What can't be missed is taking a boat ride to enjoy the beautiful scenery. The highlight is the three limestone towers, known as "Khao Sam Kloe", standing majestically in the still emerald water. The view is very striking especially in the early morning when the towers are shrouded in mist. Other interesting activities include canoeing, fishing, swimming, taking a boat trip to Pakarang Cave and Nam Thalu Cave, hornbill watching and animal watching at night.Enjoy a trip to marvelous
Cheow Larn Lake, a wonderful trip in Khaosok National Park. Cheolan lake is the highlight of Khaosok - the heart of the national park.
Time to get off the well beaten tourist path and experience breathaking rural scenery on the Simba Jungle trip to the stunning Khao Sok National Park including the epic Cheowlan Lake.
You will see when you cross the Sarasin Bridge off Phuket Island that the roads are quiet, there are few tourists, the scenery is beautiful, mountains are full of lush, green forest and the air is fresh.
We choose comfortable transportation for you. Our VIP minibus suitable for only 9 people compare to other 13 seats minibus that mostly used for excursions.
We run our tours early in the day to avoid the crowds. We cannot promise to miss them all the time, but we do arrive at the must-see locations before our
Start from the Hotel 05.00-06.00
Wat Suwan Kuha - cave temple
This is an immense natural limestone cave, created by nature but exalted by humans. It contains an impressive reclining Buddha. There are hundreds of wild monkeys living in the mountains around the cave, if you are looking for a monkey experience, this is it!
Wat Bang Riang
We visit the visually stunning Bang Rian Temple, high up in the mountains. A true oasis, this peaceful temple is very pleasing to the eye. A lofty white Pagoda outside, with colourful rooms inside depicting Buddha's story in art. The views from the Pagoda area are breathtaking.
The highlight of the trip - the unforgettable Cheowlan Lake. The unique nature of the lake captures the imagination. Limestone rocks protrude right from the water, hear the gibbons songs from the jungle covered shoreline; and the water in the lake is clear and warm.
Luxury Floating Restaurant
No trip to Cheowlan Lake is complete without dining in a floating restaurant. We take you to the luxury, floating "small resort", where you will enjoy a delicious Thai lunch.
Relax after lunch
After lunch enjoy leisure time at the floating resort - Swimming, Kayaking around the lake or just chilling out.
View point on the dam
Before heading back to Phuket we will stop on the scenic view point of Ratchaprapa dam. It is nice quite park with spectacular views; your unforgettable Cheowlan Lake tour will be complete with amazing pictures.
07:00-08:30 Pick up form your hotel by air-conditioned vehicle. Departure time varies by hotel location.
- Arrive at pier then board on Long Tail boat to cruise the turquoise water of Cheow Larn Lake. Then change the atmosphere to jungle walk. You can meet enchanting plants, flower, butterfly, birds, squirrels, reptiles, etc awaited for your discovery, then a short walk to 500 Rai Lake. After a short walk, getting on the bamboo raft to cross the 500 rai lake to Pakarang Cave (Coral Cave). The stalagmites have a similar shape to coral which is how the cave came to be named (Easy access for children but be careful for the slippery wet floor). Spend 30 minutes cave exploring (a small cave but great formations). Lunch at the floating restaurant.
-Start journey back by long tail boat, dropped by the Chaew-Lan Lake Scenic View
-Arrive at mainland and depart for your hotel
-Drop by Local Market to enjoy shopping local food, fruits or enjoy the local daily life of Takun district.
18:00-19:00 Arrive at your hotel.
Included in cost
- Professional tour guide
- National park fee
- Soft drinks and alcoholic beverages, tips and gratuities as well as personal acquisitions from the shop or the local
- Non-slip shoes like sturdy sandals or trainers
- Loose comfortable clothes
- Sun protection
- Cap or hat
- Swim wear for use at the pool or in the river and personal toiletries, extra clothes, towels and sunglasses
Refund in case of tour cancellation
- If the excursion is canceled more than a day before the program, the refund of the paid amount is made in full (this does not apply to overseas tours where the flight, visas and accommodation are paid in advance).
- If the excursions are canceled due to circumstances beyond the buyer's control (canceled by the company conducting the program due to weather conditions, due to non-recruitment of the group and other reasons caused by the organizing company), paid amount will be refunded in full.
- If it is impossible to visit the tour due to illness, in the presence of medical report from the hospital, a full refund of the amount paid to the guest is made, to whom the medical report is issued.
- If the excursion is canceled at the request of customers on the day preceding the day of the excursion before 17.00, a refund is made in the amount of 50% of the paid amount.
- If the tour is cancelled by customers request, after 17:00 of the day preceding the tour, no refund will be made.
- If the excursion is canceled on the day of the excursion, because of the customers illness , without medical report or because of the strong delay of customers to the place of departure for the program or for some other reason, depending on the customers, no refund will be made.
Condition of tour date changing
- Change of the tour date at the request of buyers without additional charges is possible until 17:00 of the day preceding the tour (this does not apply to overseas tours, where the flight, visas and accommodation are paid in advance).
- Change of the tour date at the request of buyers after 17.00 of the day preceding the tour, is made with an additional charge of 50% of the cost of the tour (this does not apply to overseas tours , where the flight, visas and accommodation are paid in advance).
You can pay for the tour in the following ways:
- Cash baht or in dollars / euros. Our employee will bring you a voucher and take your money for the tour.
- Transfer to a bank card.
Book this tour
If you want to visit this excursion, leave a request here. During business hours, our managers will contact you within 15 minutes to clarify the details.